Homebuyer Education & Counseling Fee Policy
Homebuyer Education: To offset the cost of providing Home Stretch homebuyer education, One Roof Community Housing will charge participants a maximum of $50 per household for attending.
- All workshops are free during the COVID-19 pandemic
- If two clients register together because they are currently a part of one household but are uncertain as to if they will purchase a home together or separately, we will ask that they register separately but they are still both covered by one $50 fee.
- If a client identifies the fee as a barrier to attending the workshop and also identifies themselves as being 50% or below AMI, their Home Stretch fee will be waived.
- If a client has received a 50% off voucher through a referral from a partnering agency, the fee will be reduced to $25 per household. Vouchers are available to all local lenders & Realtors.
- Employer sponsored homebuyer workshops: fee will be waived for all employees of the sponsoring entity participating in the workshop.
Third party payments are accepted unless there is a potential conflict of interest.
Fees are non-refundable, unless participants are unable to attend and cancel prior to the start of class. If cancellations occur after the start of the workshop, credit will be issued for future One Roof workshops. In the event that One Roof needs to cancel a workshop, fees will be refunded in full, unless the client prefers to use the credit toward a future workshop. Fees must be paid in advance or at the time of the workshop. This policy went into effect October 1st, 2013.
Homebuyer Counseling: There is no fee for a client to receive homebuyer counseling. Also, any credit reports pulled by One Roof for counseling purposes are done so at no cost to the client